Thursday, August 25, 2011

I didn't even have to pay for the door.

I hate cities.  I really, REALLY do. Too many people. Too close together. Too bright. Too noisy. Too much to keep an eye on. Too easy to get followed without noticing and too easy to stumble into a bad area...

....Yeah, that doesn't sound paranoid at all, does it?

Fuck it.

The crowds alone are enough to drive me crazy. Personal space is non-existent. My own personal hell.

Okay, a bit over-dramatic, but shoot me. Okay? I did not have a good day. I won't bore you with details, but let's just say Corey isn't going to be as easy to track down as I thought. Fuck, I should have known this was going to happen. It was just going too smoothly. It was all falling into place too well. Nothing ever is that simple...

We went to the apartment three times today, trying to catch him when he was in. We tried morning, but he wasn't home. We tried afternoon, but he wasn't home. Then we tried in the evening... and that's when we heard a call from down the hall. One of the neighbours - some woman who wore WAY too much make-up in order to pretend she wasn't aging - kindly asked us if we were looking for Corey. I wanted to tell her that, no, we just like the sound of knocking on wood, but Valerie knows me too well and elbowed me in the side before I could say anything. They had a good ol' chat, and we were informed that Corey's been gone for a week or so.

That would be when I proceeded to kick the door open. Partly frustration. Partly cause I wanted in anyway. Partly cause I've always wanted to do that.

Scratch one from the bucket list~

The woman was horrified (hilarious). Valerie was facepalming (hilarious). The apartment was completely empty (mother fucker). The door hit the wall with a near deafening BAM and that sound echoed... and echoed... and echoed. The entire place was cleared out. I searched everywhere as Valerie talked the woman out of calling security (such a good partner in crime I have~) but I couldn't find anything besides a few receipts in the trash.

So that's where we are. Corey is fuck only knows where and my pepsi has officially gone flat. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment